Tuesday 8 April 2014

Weekend Listening: Bruno Mars sung by 12-year-old boy

This weekend, while I was in Durban, I was entertained by my host's 12 year old son who is taking singing lessons. The one song was 'Dancing in the Moonlight' by Toploader and the other two were by Bruno Mars. I wish I had recorded it, because he really is good! Anyway, since I did not listen to much other good music this weekend, I thought I would share what he sang. But it's amazing how our brains work, because it got to me thinking about other music as well. So I added links to those.


 Firstly, 'When I was your man'


I really like Bruno Mars' style, voice and songs, but this video linked below is a little boring to be honest. Maybe it doesn't need a very exciting video because the words are so descriptive (in a good way) but I feel like they should just not have bothered. 






He also sang 'Just the way you are'. This is a much more exciting video, and I must say the little guy did a great rendition of this song as well.




Every time I hear the name of this song it takes me a while to realise that it is not Billy Joel's 'Just the way you are' of which the original recording has the most famous Phil Woods playing the alto saxophone solo. So hear is a link to a live recording of Billy Joel in his early days.



And this leads me on to a more 'jazzy' version by Diana Krall, who is truly an amazing jazz singer and pianist and is definitely worth checking out if you have never heard of her. 






Disclaimer: Please note that none of these pictures or videos belong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment