Tuesday 20 January 2015

Music teacher's survival kit

So every awesome teacher needs awesome stationery, right? Oh yes they do!

Below is some stationery that I have in my studio as well as other necessities that I think every woodwind music teacher needs.

I think I will call this is my 'survival kit':


A funky clock that does not 'tick' too loudly.





Many reeds that you can sell to your students. It's so convenient for parents and saves the learner missing out if their reed suddenly decides to die!




An extra, comfortable neck strap. At least one student will forget their saxophone strap! Always handy to have a spare. Some new students come with a piece of string or a broken strap.



Your trusty metronome, tuner and music stand. I am so excited to introduce my new stand to you!




Very important paper clips. I forgot to take a picture of pins, but they aren't that exciting.


Mini screw driver set. Would you believe that I got this in a Christmas cracker one year? And it has been the most useful thing yet. It is the perfect size for emergency repair work.



A 'paid' stamp, for the odd student who pays you in cash.




Lots of colourful paper! (I am South African, and that is the correct way to spell 'colour'! Just saying.)



Awesome musical and educational posters.



My trusty 'Circle of Fifths' sheets. Every student MUST get one of these.



Syllabus books.





Whiteboard markers

Sellotape, maybe?




Awesome record coasters for all the yummy tea you will drink. (And, of course, water.)


Manuscript books.

Pegs, pegs and more pegs. If ever you or your students need to perform outside!




Awesome stickers! You will be amazed at how stickers can be a great motivation for students.





I would be a terrible person if I did not have tea to get me through the day. This mug is great for when I'm traveling to a school or if I have to walk quite far from the staff kitchen to my classroom.


Here's another super cute mug. Perfect for a woodwind teacher! I love it :-)




And.....of course every teacher needs lots and lots of


(please note that this is not my own image, but it could have been!)

Or coffee, if you prefer.

Not my image, but pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment