Wednesday 14 January 2015

Stationery LOVE!!!! 1.

When I was at school new stationery promised the beginning of a new year. It meant BACK TO SCHOOL, which was no particular draw-card. So pens and pencils were just necessary and not very exciting. Funny enough (as I get older) over the last few years, my love for stationery has grown so much. I'm not sure if it's because of all the gorgeous new shops and products that are on sale, or the fact that I can rationalize buying something that I 'need' over other things that I just want!? And as a teacher of any subject stationery is a necessity. It's actually quite strange considering technology seems to be taking over the world (but that's a discussion for another time).

Regardless of what musical instrument you learn, if you are learning to read music, you will at some point need to write something down. So what basic stationery does any music student need? I am going to tell you, and (or course) there are pictures to accompany my little list.

A good pencil. HB's are my personal fav.


If you are able to use a clutch pencil and not keep breaking the nib, like I always do, then good for you! You don't need a sharpener!


An eraser.


A sharpener.


A flip-file. Your teacher may give you extra notes, and scales, so this is always good to have. (Note the subtle marketing here!?)



A notebook. Even if you aren't super good at checking this 'homework diary', it can be so helpful to track your lessons and your progress.



A music book. I call this a manuscript book. It has music ledger lines on each page, great for theory learning and even composing if you are that way inclined.




I take all of the above and stick them in a large poly-envelope, which has enough space for you to put your music tutor book in as well.

I sell these little packs for R65. So convenient for my students.



Please note that these are just the basic essentials. I have so much more exciting stationery, which I plan to show you in the next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment