Wednesday 1 October 2014

What motivates you?



The reason that I have not written a new post in a while is because I have been questioning my motivation for writing this blog. The biggest issue I have had with myself is that the reason I started this blog, has not been what has been motivating me to write posts. In fact many of my posts have had nothing really to do with the nature of this blog.

So while rethinking this blog, I decided to take a bit of a break and come up with reasons I feel that this blog should continue and give you an idea of the kind of future posts that you can expect on this blog.

  1. To encourage other musicians and budding musicians
  2. To teach 'non-musos' something about music and the industry
  3. To learn about other musicians 
  4. To learn about different styles of music
  5. To learn more about what is happening in Cape Town
  6. To share about instruments
  7. To help people find out if music is for them or their child
  8. To discover how music can help a person develop their brain
  9. To share my experiences as a teacher and small-business owner
  10. To interact with other musicians and enthusiasts
I feel that if I make sure my posts are in line with at least one of these points, then it will be more valuable to others and more meaningful to me. I want to grow my knowledge and share with others as I do that.

I want to me more consistent with posting regularly. I find that this is my biggest downfall when it comes to blogging. I hope that my list will be the motivation that I need to keep me from 'going astray' and off these topics.

Since I'm not always very good at sticking to long term goals, I have decided to give this new approach a month.

If I can be consistent for a month, I will then attempt a second month. If I can't, I may have to try another strategy.

Well, hears to October, a good time to start a fresh.

Hope that it is a lovely month for you.

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment