Saturday 14 March 2015

I had a dream...


It has truly been months since my last blog, and in all truth it is because I forgot that I even have a blog.

I read somewhere the other day that business is a disease, and I fully agree, but sometimes it can be a means to an end. I have been so fortunate to be working at another school part-time this year, as well as taking over the jazz band and clarinet ensemble at the other school and gaining a few more private students. I have now 14 . This means that I am currently teaching 44 individual lessons a week. And so it is a means to an end because financially it is making a huge difference and it is also helping me get my name out there. 

While it has been a little bit tiring taking on so many students, I have felt the huge relief of bringing in my share of income, and knowing that I am doing what I enjoy fuels me. The only crazy thing now, is that my husband and I are in the process of moving. It is so exciting, and I'll probably write more about this in the future, but I know this is going to be a great step for me to fulfill my dream of owning my own music school.

There are so many facets of this dream that I have to keep reminding myself that it will take time. I also have to not get too sucked in to the work at the schools and loose track of this dream, because then it will just take even long. So finding what works for me is key, even though it sounds selfish. 

I think knowing that your dream is achievable is a significant step to pursuing it, but it is also important to remember that something has to happen after you have achieved it. So what happens once you have your dream? Now what, life isn't over. Is your dream something that will grow with you?

When I look at successful people, I often wander what keeps them going? I mean, I am motivated to teach because I have students who arrive at their lessons for a set amount of time and then the next one arrives, and so on and I am inspired by them and hope that they are inspired by me. But I can't keep a consistent blog going and I struggle to maintain many of the other projects that I am interested in achieving. So then I feel frustrated with myself for procrastinating, and I wander it if it because I am afraid of reaching my dreams. Or I am afraid of what will happen after I have reached them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment