Thursday 31 December 2015

2016

Happy New Year to you and yours. May this year be filled with many blessings and joyful moments.


Each new year brings a promise of exciting things to come. It allows us a chance to 'start again' and provides us with a way out from all of the things that either needed to end or we need some time away from. I am excited to see what the new year brings. I don't make new years resolutions. But I do like to focus or refocus on goals that I hope to achieve. 

There can be so many distractions in our lives, I really believe that in this busy world, we end up achieving far less because of all of these distractions. My hope this year, is to show my students how holistic learning to play an instrument can be. More importantly, I want them to know how fulfilling playing an instrument is. Learning to play an instrument can help you to focus your mind, while there is so much hustle and bustle around us. Learning an instrument and develop the physical technical skills, the reading and understanding of written music, as well as teaching you the dedication of working on that instrument. Once you have managed to acquire these aspect of learning an instrument, the beauty of being able to control it and produce a wonderful sound, is something that can never be truly explained. This feeling of making glorious sounds that spark emotion in other people is the ultimate goal that I hope my students will achieve. It really is not about being the most technically perfect musician, but it is about having the tools to convey something that is inexpressible without music.

I hope that you all out there, who are pursuing something musical in your lives, will be on your way to achieving them throughout this year. One thing to remember, I believe, is that it really is about the journey. If we can make sure to enjoy each day and give it our best, then we are more likely to achieve our ultimate goals. And if we do achieve our goals, what's next?











*Please note that this image is from: http://www.trvnews.com/events/advance-happy-new-year-2016-images-hd-wishes-wallpapers/20656/

No comments:

Post a Comment