Thursday 13 March 2014

Infecting the City – Feed



I am so pleased that I have been given the opportunity to perform in ‘Infecting the City’. I only heard about it for the first time last year, and I was so intrigued by the concept but I was not able to attend any of the events. Now I have the chance to be in the middle of the whole thing, which is very exciting.

So what is ‘Infecting the City’? Well, my understanding is that it is the most basic, purest form of art expression. Why? Because it’s a combination of different styles of art, a sort of ‘street art’ (ours is actually taking place in the parking lot) and it’s free for audiences to attend and it is for anybody. Anybody can come and watch the art form in action. The best part is that, people can judge, but it is expected that people respect that what you are performing is your expression. In other words, it’s your art.

So, tonight and tomorrow I will perform in my first ‘Infecting the City’. I will play the clarinet part of a composition by Graeme Lees, and I will play my little heart out, because I am an artist and people can judge me, but they must know that I am performing art. I'm quite excited and will inform you more about my experience in a future blog.


You can check out the programe here: http://www.infectingthecity.com/ITC-2014-Artist-Prog.pdf
Check out more about the composer, Graeme here: http://www.infectingthecity.com/2014/cape-town/artists/graeme-lees  

No comments:

Post a Comment