Thursday 4 September 2014

I don't need no cage!


Ever thought something was a good idea at the time, committed to doing it and then realised that it's really not your thing? I guess that life is a lot like that, but I have possibly done this way too much in my life. Maybe I'm unreasonably ambitious? Maybe just a little desperate for work. Either way, one thing that I have learnt about myself this year, is that there are things that I just really don't want to do with my life. One of them is being a full-time school teacher. This I already knew, but the other is over-committing to things that are not part of what 'I do'.

So I have recently committed to doing more work for a school, initially it was great, but now it's a little overwhelming and I'm worried that I'm slowly being sucked into full-time work. It's also not music related AT ALL!!! I have neglected my blog and my not-so-progressive Youtube channel as well as practicing my instruments, all because I 'need the money'.

It's harder when you know someone else is relying on you, but sometimes I feel that I should just focus and put all my energy into those things that I really want to do, and then they will end up being part of my work in the future. So to sacrifice the financial aspect now for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment