Monday 30 September 2013

so I resigned

As crazy as this may seem, at the end of last term I resigned from my job, giving my 3 months notice. I have now been on holiday for just over a week and tomorrow I start my final term at the school. I must confess I'm a little nervous and sad to tell my students that I am leaving, but I really believe that I have made the right decision. I have so many dreams, but the current plan is to start my own music school from home. I am really excited for this new venture, and even though it is a step of faith that I am taking, so many people have shown me their support already. I think being an artist of any sort can be so tricky, because you are creative and need to earn a living from your creativity or from your main creative outlet rather. Even teaching an art form, I believe, is a creative skill that needs to be nurtured. An environment is also important for artists. You need to feel safe and secure and most importantly for me, relaxed.  

Well, I hope to include updates on the planning for next year in this blog. We bought a beautiful mirror 2 months ago, that my husband put up in the room that I am going to be using. The next step is to get a nice, neutral coloured mat, printer/copier and hopefully (eventually) air-conditioning. It gets incredibly hot in our little place in summer and it would be unbearable to try to teach in there, let lone the poor students would have to suffer in the heat. So that is certainly something on the cards, it's just the price tag, eek.

Anyway, here's to a wonderful fourth term for everyone, enjoy!!!



  

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on taking the big step, Robs! I'm sure you'll be able to structure things so that you are relaxed and create a happy environment for your students. Much love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good step towards building your professional career. It is better to mold your life towards your goals and work hard to achieve success. I can recommend few companies for your tune as music Messages While Phone On Hold for their customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only just found this blog post now - well done my friend, how exciting. Can't wait to catch up with you and Stu soon, must make a plan for the holidays! xxx

    ReplyDelete